From an article published in the Shoppers News believe in 1987.
Calvary community congregation history began in 1923 when a number of Families in Germantown requested preaching services in their own locality. They had been members of the Evangelical United Brethren Church in Menomonee Falls, served by the Reverend W.J. Hilman. The congregation was organized April 3, and worship and Sunday School were held in the Beaver Hall.
The Reverend Mr. Hilman began with 32 charter members who gave unusual response to the project so that a building program was initiated. The corner stone was laid on 4 July 1926, and the completed church was dedicated on 24 October of that year.
A special celebration was held at Calvary Community Church Wednesday evening, 12 August 1942 by the then members of the church and Ladies Auxiliary and those who had moved away. A delicious potluck supper was served at six-thirty after which a program was given with Lavern Schaetzel as toastmaster. Special music was provided by Elaine Schaetzel on her piano accordion. Community singing was conducted by Mrs. Ferch using music which had words written to familiar tunes. Church history was read by Clarence E. Schramm in the absence of Paul J. Bast, secretary and treasurer of the church. Memorial service was conducted with Alfred Strack reading the names of those who have passed on, while Mrs. Strack lighted a candle for each one. Appropriate remarks for the occasion were given by Reverend M. N. Berger, district superintendent. Names of members who have moved away were given by Mrs. Alpha Lentzner. Peter Jung sang two sacred solos. Mrs. John Schaetzel, president of the Ladies Auxiliary, gave a short history of the organization and Mrs. Laura Duerrwaechter, treasurer, gave a financial report of its 19 years.
Most important was the burning of the old mortgage and the notes with proper presentation of the significance of the ceremony by Reverends Ferch and Berger. Lavern Schaetzel presented the mortgage and notes to Alfred Strack and Clarence Schramm who held them as Mrs. Strack touched a lighted candle to them. After the burning of the last note, Reverend Berger closed the service with prayer and the benediction.
In 1946 brought the merger of the two denominations, the Evangelical Church and the Church of the United Brethren in Christ. Although this union did not directly affect Calvary Community Church, it is indicative of the congregation's spirit and service in the Village. It is the only church in Germantown, and one of varying denominational backgrounds, truly "community."
The 78 members fellowship meets each Sunday for Divine Worship at 9:30 A.M. and Sunday School at 10:30 A.M., with the Reverend William J. Schmidt as pastor.
In 1999 the church building was removed to allow for the Gehl Dairy expansion.