South side west of rail spur; first house; owners Aaron and Matilda "Odelia" (Hauser) and Herbert and Rose (Greulich) Walterlin. Pictured in the book GERMANTOWN The Early Years 1838 - 1915, page 60. Building originally built by John and Magdalene (Friess) Walterlin in 1883 as identified in a Milwaukee Sentinel newspaper article published in 1942. Right picture as the building looked in 1999. John, Magdalene, Aaron, Odelia, Herbert and Rose are all buried in Holy Cross Cemetery in Milwaukee. Photos of Aaron and Odelia can be seen here.
Please note in the right picture, on the left side of Main Street, in the background, you will see the Feed Mill and Ben Duerrwaechter's facility. Actual pictures of the Feed Mill and Schaetzel Oil have yet to be found. The picture was taken with the photographer probably standing on top a railroad car.
Calvary Commnity Church
Located on the east side of the street, north of Beaver Hall. Corner stone laid 4 July 1926 with dedication on the 24th of October that same year. The church bulding was removed in the late 1990s to allow for expansion of the Gehl complex. A history of the church can be found A short history of the church can be found here.